For all of you who want to share their experiences, want to chat or start a random poll: the databass.asia FORUM
Existing users have to register once more at the moment, untill the password systems are adjusted.
You may register with the same name and password to the forum, hence we'll use your databass.Account data once the system is adjusted.
Thank you for your understanding. We will notify you as soon as the issue is removed.
your databass.asia crew
To add an Event please log-in.";
Hot Air Vibes...
Jumunjy-FM, our Radio-contribution to the internet from the heart of the gulf of thailand.
The Resident list is long, Gezzie, Milo, Craig Campbell, Boy, Graham Gold and many more. Regular Special Guests such as Alexey Sonar, Amnesty, Absolud, etc...etc... Heaps of good tunes and always the right choice.
Music News on www.databass.asia
Bose SoundLink Wireless Music System streams music from your PC to a portable speaker for $550
The digital music revolution has made is easy to amass hundreds of hours of tunes on your computer, but it's not always as painless to listen to your collection away from your PC. Bose's newly announced SoundLink Wireless Music System (coming August 27) is focused on solving that problem as simply as possible; just plug a USB dongle into your computer, and it promises to stream your digital music collection and streaming audio services (like Pandora or Internet radio stations) to the included speaker. Even better, the speaker has a built-in, lithium ion rechargeable battery, making it easy to carry it to another room or out to the deck.
The press release doesn't get much more detailed than that. The SoundLink system doesn't use your home Wi-Fi network, but we imagine it most likely creates its own 2.4GHz network to transmit the audio from your PC to the speaker--no word on the expected range. Bose also claims to need no additional software; that's not surprising, as the USB dongle probably acts like a "USB speaker," meaning that whatever audio can be played over your PC speakers can be transmitted over the network. However, we'll be interested to see how well playback controls from the remote work in a variety of playback scenarios, included Web-based music services like Pandora. The SoundLink system does include an auxiliary input, which is a nice plus if, for example, a friend brings over an iPod or you want to use the speaker out of range of the wireless network.
As much as we like the SoundLink's style and thoughtful feature package (it reminds us of the Sony VGF-WA1), the $550 price seems way too high, especially with products like Mint 220 offering much of the same functionality for a little over $100. Not to mention that there are plenty of inexpensive Wi-Fi radios that offer wireless music streaming, although in Bose's defense, there currently isn't an easily recommendable battery-powered unit available. If the SoundLink Wireless music system hits all the right usability notes, it might be the right product for deep-pocketed digital music fans that don't want to deal with networking issues, but we'll have to do a hands-on test to see how it works in the real world....
by Matthew Moskovciak
Source >> (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10289541-1.html)
- Sony Earbuds Stop Playing Music When Removed
- Vodafone Group Signs Music Deal With Warner Music
- Using Smart Playlists With Nested Conditionals in ITunes
- Yoko Ono is on a mission -- still
- Zune HD review: Music wants you back
- Music Industry Wants Apple, Amazon to Pay Up
- Experts Weigh In On Kanye West's Post-VMA Career Recovery
- Twones: Profile aggregation for music
- Fool's Gold a world music don't-miss
- World Music Fest guide
- What's with all the public outbursts?
- Janet Jackson leads music and dance tribute to Michael Jackson at MTV VMA
- Stream audio from any application with Airfoil
- 2009 MTV Video Music Awards Premiere Watched By 27 Million Total Viewers Up 17% vs...
- Daft Punk Contribute Music, Masks to DJ Hero
- Pod to PC Migrates Your Music Between iPod and PC--And It's Cheaper Than the Competition
- Court backs ban on religious-based song at graduation
- EU clears Bertelsmann, KKR music rights JV
- VMA Venue Comes To Life: Inside Radio City Music Hall
- What would they think if you sang out of tune? Beatles beget a video game.
- Beaterator impressions: Making music on the PSP
- MTV Brings the Music to the Masses for VMA Weekend 2009
- Comes With Music aims for Spotify
- British Library opens music vault
- Comes With Music not coming to U.S. in 2009
- Music label video site Vevo in talks with CBS, NBC
- Music made for monkeys
- Music celebrity DJ AM found dead at his home
- Apple Approves IPhone Music App
- Internet Age re-inventing music business: Bandwidth
- Can't stop the (free) music
- Wanna be a rock star? Career advice from Jimmy Page, the Edge and Jack White
- UPDATE 1-U.S. FCC examining broadcasters in music fee row
- Three days of mud and music at Woodstock in 1969
- Michael Jackson: a music legend
- Music industry may seek salvation in 'all you can eat' downloads
- Mexico's Rampant Music Piracy A Challenge To Apple's iTunes
- Van's Night of High Artistry Is No Mean Feat
- Bringing back memories
- COLUMN-Has Europe's hottest site got what it takes? Eric Auchard
- Stream music, movies and photos
- iLike App Uses Music to Find Concerts
- Poll: Jackson Will Be Remembered for Music
- RIAA: "All your music are belong to us"
- Happy Hour? "Cocktail" Is All About The Benjamins
- Is music made too much for mass appeal?
- How to load music onto a mobile phone
- MySpace Music's Courtney Holt hints at new features
- Best Ways to Produce Music on an iPhone
- New Mozart piano music discovered
- Can Pirate Bay's new cloud business model succeed?
- Amadou and Mariam: Mali's world music superstars
- Bose SoundLink Wireless Music System streams music from your PC to a portable speaker for $550
- Music industry wants cut of Pirate Bay sale
- Michael Jackson's Unreleased Songs, Continuing the Music Legacy
- MSN shouldn't guide Microsoft's music strategy
- App of the Week: A Rube Goldberg Music Machine
- The Bigger-Band Sounds of a Trance-Music Duo
- More details on instrumental album Michael Jackson started before his death, and his love of classical music
- Music Filesharing Mom Seeks New Trial
- KKR Said to Invest $347 Million in Bertelsmann Music Venture
- Music Labels Reach Royalty Deal for Webcasts
- In Death as in Life, Michael Jackson Sets Music Sales Records
- 10 Milestones in Portable Music
- Twitter Hits Right Notes for Music Industry
- Michael Jackson rewrites online music records
- 90,000 Ravers With Very Few Clothes Break Attendance Record at Electric Daisy Carnival
- A visit to Michael Jackson's childhood home in Indiana
- Denon DJ Unveils DN-X1700
- Youngest DJ world record set by Jack Hill
- DJ breaks record
- Survey reveals that Asian youth are wrapped around music
- Music China - International Trade Fair For Musical Instruments And Services
Donate 1$ for www.databass.asia
All donations are going towards general maintenance of www.databass.asia.
If you like our services and find www.databass.asia useful for you, please donate towards the project databass.asia via the PayPal form below. Thank you.